Monday, February 18, 2013

40 HOUR DAYS

The people who know me closely know I hardly sleep. I sleep, but not much. As in I do sleep, just not a lot. So I sleep. Just not much. You'll have to pardon the repetition I had a few inbox messages asking if I practice some sort of sorcery which helps me stay awake for days at a time. Unfortunately I don't. Not since the Harry Potter series came to a close anyway.

When you look past the empty boxes of NoDoz and Berocca that occasionally chill on the counter while I'm passing time, writing rhymes, in my mind (You're welcome lol), you'll see something more profound which will help you understand why I sleep about 3-4 hours daily. You'll see the story of a young man who is so hellbent on ..... pause..(Im not about to go into a self glorifying rant, not today lol)

Truth is I hate failing more than I love succeeding. So everyday in every way I try and get better at the things that I do which will ensure me a brighter future. I once heard Donald Trump remark 'how can you compete with a guy who sleeps 3-4 hours when you're sleeping 7-9 hours a day.'

I share the same sentiments, as long as the hours are productive. I've developed a habit of putting in productive hours after hours for hours which is slowly but surely producing results. 40 hour days I call it. Why 40 hour days? Remember how Black Jesus in the bible was in the desert for 40 days, and during lent you give up something for 40 days and in the same book on a different page, story of Noah, it rained for 40 days and nights. So.. yeah... 40 hour days... impressive huh? *crickets* hmm tough crowd

My break is over 4:09am (EST) 18 February 2013.

Back to work I go.

P.S. I don't want to have to tell my kids the reason we're struggling is because when I was younger I was too lazy to work my ass off.





No comments:

Post a Comment