Monday, November 28, 2011

My Exclusive Interview with DGV

Please allow me to share snippets of my exclusive interview with Da-Grape-Vine.com, a hip hop website based in Africa but has roots all over the world:


How did you get into the music biz and how has your journey been?


When I was 13 or 14, I asked my dad to buy me a pair of Levi's Jeans because my friends had them and I wanted to fit in. Instead he bought me music CDs and among them was a Tupac Album. That's when my life changed completely. I wrote out the lyrics to the songs attempting to perfect my writing. At a later stage I heard Eminem rap and it's hard to explain but I just felt like I belong in the music world. There was no turning back I had a vision and recurring dreams so I told myself this is it, it has to be.


You've opened up for a lot of international acts, how do these features come about and what's been your most memorable show so far?

Hard work and perseverance. Sometimes I go 2 days without sleep. I need to make my dreams a reality so I work really hard behind the scenes. When we supported Nas, who is one of my favorite artists ever, I literally did not get sleep for many days on end just working trying to secure the slot, and the work paid off.


Final Words?


A great man is a sentence, when Steve Jobs passed away they said here lies a man who changed the face of technology and made our lives more comfortable with his innovative inventions. When you die, what one sentence will sum up your contribution to mankind?

Click this Link for more on this interview --->    Click Here To See the Full Interview

No comments:

Post a Comment