Thursday, October 20, 2011

Victory is sweetest when you've known defeat

Last week Friday I was invited to Government house by the Governor of South Australia. Sometimes when you put a lot of time and effort into your passion without seeing results you start to lose heart, but the inner fire keeps burning and you keep pushing, hoping, praying that success, no matter how small, will be around the next bend.

I rock up to Government house and it's an award ceremony. Long story short, I was awarded a 'Highly Commended Award' by the Governor of South Australia for my work in the arts. So some people asked me whether I was studying performance arts or did the arts at university and the answer is no. So the next question is so why did you receive an award for the arts: With a shaky voice I respond 'Hip Hop I guess' (I still don't get why I can't shake off my shyness)

Anyway for those who may not know I'll summarize a few of my achievements with my group Thee Immaculate. With no CD/mixtape release to date (20 October 2011) we have managed to support some of these artists:


  • Montel Jordan
  • Jessica Mauboy
  • Young Twinn
  • Scribe
  • Bone Thugs & Harmony
  • K-Rino
  • Tila Tequila
  • Juice McCain (Blackwall Street)
  • The Game
  • Nas
We are still very far from our goal but Thanks to the Highest some of these victories along the way give us confidence to keep heading in the right direction.

I have also been involved in other Hip Hop projects which I will talk about in another post. To say I'm ecstatic would be an understatement. For a long time Hip Hop has been described as being anti-establishment, but I just received an award from the governor for my efforts in hip hop? To be honest I am a bit confused at the moment lol 

I'm still very grateful though so thanks to everyone who keeps believing in me.

* I did not personally take any pictures at this event I was so nervous I was texting my way through the whole ceremony lol Don't judge a brother.




No comments:

Post a Comment