Friday, July 22, 2011

Sacrifice: Give in order to Receive

How do you feel about hand outs? If some one offered you $1000 for doing absolutely nothing at all would you accept it? To be honest I would, then I'd spend it and feel guilty afterwards because I hadn't earned it. But I'll be patient with myself God isn't finished with me; I'm a work in a progress. What's my point? Many times people expect results without putting in the effort or they put a little bit of effort and expect high results: greed. Robert Greene in 48 Laws of Power, names the 40th Law as 'Despise the free Lunch'. If you haven't read the book in short the chapter can be understood as this: The only free cheese is in the mouse trap.


In order to find yourself in a state of self-reliance you must first learn to sacrifice something in order to gain a reward and therefore be better off than you were yesterday. Betting on the lottery is a halfhearted attempt at trying to make lots of money. What are you sacrificing though $5? You need to put in the additional effort to  get a well deserved reward.

I hated every minute of training, but I said, "Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion." - Muhammad Ali

You wanna be the greatest in your field? Great go ahead and do it but it's not gonna happen if you spend your time on social networks for hours,  or watching TV for extended periods of time and sleeping like you have retired. Maybe you don't want greatness perhaps you just wanna stand out and make a meaningful impact on your generation. The choice is yours.


I've put in hard work to get to this point. I came in to win, you know. This is why I stay up late while other people are sleeping. - Diddy



The world is yours, but what are you willing to sacrifice in order to get it?

No comments:

Post a Comment